[Solved] This Device Cannot Find Enough Free Resources That It Can Use (Code 12)
After you upgrade your system from Windows 7, 8 to Windows 10, some of your hardware such as graphic card, audio card and network card will occurred this error "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12). If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of other device on this system.".
This error (Code 12) can occur if the two hardware devices are installed on your computer and assigned the same input/output port, or the same DMA channel (you can see this settings here: Device > Properties > Advanced Settings), so it caused interrupt.
And in device manager, if you find one of your devices had a yellow exclamation point, and it shows the code 12 error in the general tab, there must be another device had the same error.
At first, you need to uninstall and reinstall the driver.
1. Enter device manager.
2. Find the yellow exclamation device and right click your mouse.
3. Choose Uninstall or Properties > Driver > Uninstall to uninstall the device driver at first.
4. Click OK to finish uninstall the driver and delete this device.
5. Reinstall the driver.
You can use device manager to help you, and also you can use Driver Doctor to help you install drivers automatically.
If this cannot solve your problem, open device manager, and show all the hidden devices at first. Click View > Show Hidden Devices, all of your hidden devices will be list in device manager, and you will see another error device.
1. Find another yellow exclamation device and right click it.
2. Choose Disable to disable use this device.
And if this cannot resolve your problem, try to do the following things:
1. In device manager, click Show Hidden Devices.
2. Find System Devices and spread this branch.
3. Find all Motherboard Resources.
4. Right click Motherboard Resources > Uninstall. Try to uninstall all the Motherboard Resources.
5. Uninstall the other two conflict device.
6. Restart the computer.
The computer will remember your action. After you start the computer, it will rebuild the device stack and the problem will be fixed.
And if you find this way cannot solve your problem, do not worry, you can use Troubleshooting to help you.
1. Type Trouble in Search Box and it will show the related results, choose Troubleshooting.
2. Click View All in troubleshooting.
3. Choose Hardware and Devices.
4. Click Next to follow the window instructions to solve your problem. And if you are not login in as administrator, try to click Advanced to set it.
So following these ways above, I think you can solve the code 12 error easily.