[Solved] The Audio Services is Not Running in Windows 10
When you open your computer, and find and red X on your sound icon, and when your mouse touches it, it shows you the words "The Audio Service is Not Running", you cannot use it.
So if you find your computer had this problem, try to following the next steps to solve it.
1. Type Computer Management in Search Box and open it.
2. Branch the Services and Applications, choose Services item.
3. Find Windows Audio name.
You can see the Windows Audio status is not showing as running.
4. Right click it and choose Start to run the Windows audio service.
Follow this way to make sure Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service status is running.
If this cannot help to solve the Windows audio service not responding problem, doing the next things.
5. Double click Windows Audio to open Windows audio properties, and find Dependencides tab.
6. Branch all the Windows Audio services.
7. In Services window, find all the services such as DCOM Server Process Launcher, RPC Endpoint Mapper, and make sure these services are running.
After that, most of all people can solve your problem.
And if not, try to update Windows 10 system. Following Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates to update your system.
If these steps cannot help you, try to uninstall and reinstall the Realtek HD audio drivers. You can open device manager or use Driver Doctor to help you. After restart your computer, follow above steps to try again.