No Audio Device is Installed in Windows 10 [Solved]
After upgrade your system to Windows 10 or update windows 10 system package, you find the speaker icon has a red x, and you put your mouse on it, it shows "No Audio output Device is installed". You can hear nothing from your speaker or headphone.
When you right click the speaker icon and choose "Playback devices" to enter the sound window, it will shows the same error to you.
Because there is none of playback device to choose, so you can do nothing about sound entertainment.
Don’t worry, this can be solved easily. Whatever you are using such as IDT high definition audio code device, SigmaTel HD Code device or another audio device, you can use the following way to solve it.
At first, uninstall and reinstall the drivers. This can be solve part of users problem.
1. Enter device manager. There are 4 ways you can open it.
2. Find Sound, video and game controllers item.
3. Click the left arrow to branch sound, video and game controllers item, and you will see the audio device (Such as IDT HD Code device) you are using.
4. Right click the audio device and choose Uninstall, and then click OK.
This will help you to uninstall the audio device driver.
5. Click Scan for hardware changes button in toolbar, microsoft will re-detect your hardware and install the audio drivers for you.
If this cannot help you to solve your problem, you can do these things.
Following above 3 steps, and right click it and choose Update Driver Sofware > Search automatically for updated driver software to update drivers directly.
And also you can use Driver Doctor to help you update audio drivers automcatially.
This is reinstall the full compatible drivers to solve this problem, but it will not be worked for every users.
So if this cannot help, try to install another compatible drivers.
1. Right click audio device, choose Update Driver Software > Browse my computer for driver software.
2. Choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer item.
This choice will help you list all the compatible audio device drivers in the next window.
3. Choose High Definition Audio Device, click Next. You should choose the option Show compatible hardware, it will be easier to help you find the compatible model.
4. Click Yes.
Do not worry about the warning. This occurred because you are installing a compatible driver which is not recommend by Windows.
Then Windows will help you to update the compatible driver.
Remember, after you installed the compatible high definition audio device driver for your IDT hidh definition code deivce, do not update it again until the sound is not working again.
Summary: In the final analysis, this error caused by driver, so if you find the official driver cannot solve your problem, try to download a compatible driver, it will work for different device.
Driver Doctor is another way you can use to solve this problem. As a professional drivers download and update software, you can use it to help you find the suitable audio drivers, and then you can according the recommend drivers to update it.