Fix Code 32 Error: A Driver (Service) for This Device Has Been Disabled. An Alternate Driver May be Providing This Functionality
After you upgrade your system to Windows 10, you find the USB mass storage cannot work properly. When you plugged it to the computer, you cannot use it to do anything such as transfer files. In device manager, you find it shows as a yellow exclamation, and the device status is a driver (service) for this device has been disabled, an alternate driver maybe providing this functionality (Code 32).
The Code 32 error normally caused by interrupts drivers and the registry settings. so resolve the two problems will solve this problem.
1. Open Device manager.
2. Following these actions: Universal Serial Bus controllers > USB Mass Storage Device > Uninstall > OK to uninstall the USB Mass Storage device.
3. Click Scan for hardware changes in Action menu or use the toolbar icon. This will letting Windows detect your hardware again and automatically help you install the compatible driver.
Also, you can use Driver Doctor to help you if the device manager cannot help you install the USB Mass Storage right.
If this cannot help you to solve your problem, try to modify the registry. You need to make sure the login account is Administrator.
4. Click Win+R and type regedit to open Registry Editor.
5. Find this folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR
6. Find Start file at the right window, double click it or right-click it to choose the Modify option to change the value. You can change the value from 3 to 1. If your default value is 4, you can also change to 1.
7. Restart computer. After you changed the value, the system will remind you to restart computer to make sure the operation can work.
Now following above steps, I think you can solve the driver for this device has been disabled error easily and fast.