Fix BSOD Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION on Windows 10, 8, 7
Sometimes, when you start or reboot your computer, the blue screen of death (BSOD) occurred. It shows the error reminding in the last as SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. And it collects the error information for you. Of course, there are other BSOD errors: Driver Power State Failure, SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLAD, DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR QEUAL, etc.
Here are 4 ways you can do to solve the system service exception blue screen of death problem.
Method 1: Windows Update
For the most of the graphic errors, you can check if there is an update windows 10 version. If there is an update version, maybe it can help to solve the graphic BSOD problem.
1. Type settings in search box, and Windows 10 will show you the settings options to match your search keywords. Choose the best match option Settings to open the windows settings window.
2. In windows settings window, choose the last one Update & Security control. This is the Windows 10 system update and security option. You can back up, recover and update the Windows 10 version here.
3. In Windows Update window, click Check for updates to let windows check whether there is an update or not. If there is Windows updating installation, installing the Windows update.
After you installed the updates, reboot your computer to check whether the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error was solved or not.
Method 2: Update Graphic Driver
The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD error may be caused by graphic driver error. So trying to update the graphic driver will be a direct way.
1. You can open the device manager, and expand the Display adapter, to find the graphic device mode.
2. Right-click the graphic device, here is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400 and chooses Update Driver Software to update the graphic driver automatically.
And sometimes, the Windows will not always automatically provide the latest version of the graphic drivers. So you can try to use Driver Doctor to help you download and update your graphic driver easier and faster.
Using the Driver Doctor to download and update the graphic driver, first you need to scan the device, and then you will see the detect results.
Here Driver Doctor detected a new version for Intel HD Graphics 4400. So you can download and install it with this software.
Mostly, after you update the graphic driver, this BSOD error will disappear.
Method 3: Check Disk Sectors and Fix it
This will help to fix the excessive paged pool usage caused BSOD error.
1. Right-click Win icon and choose Command Prompt (Admin). Remember to choose the administrator and this option will have more permission.
2. Type this command:
chkdsk /f /r
In this command, the chkdsk means check disk, and /f means fixes errors on the disk, /r means locates bad sectors and recovers readable information.
3. Type Y. When next time you start your computer, it will check your disk and fix the bad sectors.
Method 4: Disable or Uninstall the Antivirus Program
Try to check your system antivirus program such as McAfee, BitDefender, Avast, Webroot, Symantec, Kaspersky, etc, which have been reported to have caused this blue screen. Try to identify if your antivirus may lead to this error and disable it for a period time. Of course, you can uninstall it via the Control Panel > Program and Features > Antivirus > Uninstall to uninstall it.
So follow above 4 ways, you can solve the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error in windows 10. Of course, this will work for Windows 8.1, 8 and Windows 7.