Fix 0xC000021A Error: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED on Windows 10
If your computer shows as 0xC000021A blue screen when you rebooting the computer or running a thirty-part program or updating an out-dated driver, you are got the BSOD error: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED.
If you can enter the Windows 10 system normally, you can try all the solutions in normal mode. But if you cannot enter your system, try to solve it by entering safe mode.
Solution 1: Uninstall the third-party Program
If you installed third-party applications on Windows 10, and it caused this BSOD error, you can try to uninstall this program.
1. You need to open Control Panel.
2. Choose Programs and Features.
3. In the programs and features window, find the error application, double click it to uninstall it or right-click it and choose Uninstall.
For some programs, you need to reboot your computer to make the changes work.
Solution 2: Roll Back Drivers
When you updated the latest driver for your device and it leads to the 0xC000021A error, you can try to rollback driver or install the right driver for your device.
1. Open device manager and find the device driver you updated, then right-click it to choose Properties.
2. In properties, choose the Driver tab, then select Rollback drivers function.
It will pops a window to ask you if rollback the driver to the previously version. Click yes to finish rollback.
Solution 3: Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers
You can uninstall the driver and then reinstall it will Driver Doctor. Maybe is the updated driver error, so you can uninstall it at first and reinstall it with a professional driver fixer.
1. Open device manager, and find the updated/error driver, right-click it and choose Uninstall to delete the driver.
2. Download Driver Doctor.
3. After that, it will help you scan all your devices and recommend the right drivers for you.
4. Then you can download and update it within 2 clicks.
Driver Doctor can also help to update other devices drivers in case of the other BSOD errors.
Solution 4: System Filer Checker to solve the 0xC000021A Error
Sometimes, the missing and broken files can also cause the 0xC000021A blue screen issue. This will happens when you restore the system from a backup file or external drive, but some of the programs are not using the previous files. So use the System File Checker to check the protected system files. And if Windows resource protection finds any of integrity violations, it will recover it automatically.
1. Right-click the Win icon and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
2. In the command prompt window, type:
Then windows 10 will start scan system and this will take some time.
Solution 5: System Filer Checker to solve the 0xC000021A Error
If the applications and drivers caused this problem, you can also use Windows update to solve it. Windows update will update the system files and drivers automatically. Also, if it is caused by system restore, you can check if there is an update version of system. After you updated the system, maybe the STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED will be solved. You can view this tutorial: how to use windows update in Windows 10.
If none of these solutions can help you to solve the problem, you can use system restore functions to restore the system to a previous date.